Booking a Ride
- Schedule a ride on Fareshark.com or Fareshark Mobile.
- Receive an email confirmation from your provider including your provider's contact information.
- Pay the driver at the scheduled pick-up time (with cash or credit card).
Your ride information can be obtained through:
- The confirmation email that was sent to you from your provider. If you do not receive a confirmation email, check your "junk mail" folder.
- Logging on to your provider's website and going to My Rides.
*An account is automatically created for you when you schedule your first ride. Your username will be the email address you used in your request and your password will be your phone number (with no dashes or spaces).
For an airport pick-up instructions, go to Airport Pick-up Procedure
. If your flight is delayed or you change flights, call the driver ASAP to see if he is available at the new arrival time. If he is not available, simply submit a new ride request for the new pick-up time.
*For scheduled rides, drivers are responsible for the ride as requested. Any changes to the route or additional wait time must be agreed to by the driver and may result in additional charges.
Canceling a Ride
You can cancel the ride up until the scheduled pick-up time by calling the provider at the phone number listed in your confirmation email and the number listed under your reservation on the provider's website. Please give as much notice as possible. *The provider reserves the right to collect the full amount of the fare or charge your credit card in the full amount of the fare for any ride where you fail to show up for service and fail to cancel the ride via the website or call the provider (i.e. "no-show") prior to the scheduled pick-up time.
Making an Offer
If you are not willing to pay the advertised price, you have the option to make an offer where your offer will be sent out for providers to consider:
- Follow the same process as booking a ride above (not available on Fareshark Mobile).
- When you view pricing, click the Make an Offer button.
- Make your offer.
- If your offer is accepted, you'll receive an email confirmation from your provider including your provider's contact information. You will also be informed via email if your offer is not accepted.
- Pay the driver at the scheduled pick-up time (cash only).
Ride offers are not available between 12AM and 5AM Central Time. Not all rides are eligible for ride offers. If the Make an Offer
button is not there, the ride is not eligible.
- Make your best offer. If your offer is not accepted you cannot submit another offer for 7 days.
- Your offer will be sent to all providers offering the service that you selected.
- Providers will have up to 1 hour to accept your offer.
- Accepted payment for ride offers is CASH ONLY.
- You will receive an email confirmation immediately if your offer is accepted or after 1 hour if your offer is not accepted. If you do not receive an email within 1 hour please check your junk mail.
*To keep our rates low and to ensure the safety of your information we do not allow credit card information to be entered on our website.
- Pay at ride: pay your driver with cash or credit card when your ride is complete
- Call driver with credit card: pay in advance by calling your driver with your credit card information. Your driver's contact phone will be included in your ride confirmation email.
Frequently Asked Questions
My ride is scheduled and I need to change it. Can I do this?
You cannot modify a scheduled ride. You can, however, contact the driver and see if he/she is willing to accomodate your changes. Drivers are only responsible for the ride as originally requested. Any changes to the route or additional wait time must be agreed to by the driver and may result in additional charges. Any additional charges are determined by the driver and should be paid directly to the driver. You do have the option to cancel a ride (up until the scheduled pick-up time) and submit a new ride request.
When do I pay?
What is the procedure for airport pick-ups?
See Airport Pick-up Procedure
Is the tip included in the flat rate?
No, tip is not included.
I haven't heard from the driver/driver is not answering my calls. Is there a problem?
When you schedule your ride Fareshark's dispatch technology ensures that your provider receives and confirms your ride. You can rest assured that when you book a ride through Fareshark.com that your ride is indeed scheduled. Drivers will typically call you to confirm your ride, however, due to hectic schedules, you may not always receive a confirmation call. Likewise, if your driver is not answering, leave a message with your ride number and give him some time to return your call. In unlikely case that you cannot contact your driver or there is a last-minute driver emergency and alternate transportation is required, contact a local taxi company at 612-721-0000 or 612-332-1615.
Are providers licensed and insured?
Yes, all providers must provide proof of license to transport passengers as well as insurnace coverage as required by the state where the driver carries his license.
How do I contact Fareshark?
Please contact your provider for all ride-related questions or concerns. If you are unable to contact your provider or need to otherwise contact Fareshark, send an email to email@example.com.
Do I need a user account to book a ride?
No, rider accounts are not required. However, an account is automatically created for you when you schedule your first ride. Your username will be the email address you used in your request and your password will be your phone number (with no dashes or spaces). You may sign-in to check your scheduled rides but sign-in is NOT required to book a ride. Signing-in before booking a ride will save you some time as Fareshark will automatically populating some of the ride request fields such as your phone number.
I created a user account and I can't log in, it says my account is unconfirmed, why?
We require that you verify your email address. When you register, an email is sent to you asking you to verify your address. If you did not receieve the email, check your 'junk mail' folder or you can resend the email here.